Power of Your Mind Podcast Interview with Lama Palden Drolma – Tonglen Meditation for Transforming Pain into Joy
In Episode #54, I am talking with Lama Palden Drolma.
Lama Palden Drolma is the author of Love on Every Breath: Tonglen Meditation for Transforming Pain into Joy. A licensed psychotherapist, spiritual teacher, and coach, she has studied Buddhism in the Himalayas with some of the most preeminent Tibetan masters of the twentieth century. Following a traditional three-year retreat under his guidance, Kalu Rinpoche authorized her to become one of the first Western lamas. She subsequently founded the Sukhasiddhi Foundation, a Tibetan Buddhist teaching center in Fairfax, California. Visit her online at http://www.lamapalden.org.
We talked about:
- Lama’s book, which is subtitled “Tonglen Meditation for Transforming Pain into Joy.”, what Tonglen Meditation is and how it works.
- How she refers to the meditation she teaches in the book “Love on Every Breath”, whether it is a variation of Tonglen Meditation and how she came up with the name.
- How the Love on Every Breath meditation gives us a process to engage in when we are aware of suffering.
- Some “On the Spot” variations for each step of the meditation that can be used anywhere and everywhere.
- The first step, which is “Resting in Open Awareness.”
- The second step, “Seeking Refuge in Awakened Sanctuary”, what an awakened sanctuary is and why is it important.
- The third step, “Cultivating Awakened Mind” and what that looks like in the moment.
- What other meditators are taking and sending as referenced in the fifth “Taking and Sending for Yourself” and sixth “Taking and Sending for Others” steps.
- The role self-love plays in the Love on Every Breath meditation.
- What the subtle body is and what it has to do with meditation.
- How one of the benefits of the Love on Every Breath meditation is that it can crack open our hard shell of ego-clinging – and what that means.
- And much more!
- Lama’s Website: http://www.lamapalden.org
- Lama’s Facebook Profile: facebook.com/lamapaldendrolma
- Her Book on Amazon: Love on Every Breath: Tonglen Meditation for Transforming Pain into Joy
* * * * *
Victoria Gallagher is a worldwide leader in Hypnotherapy, a #1 Best Selling author, international speaker, life success coach, and renowned authority on the Law of Attraction. She has dedicated her life to empowering people all over the world to successfully live a life of liberty, aligned with their dreams through her effective meditative recordings and online courses.
Begin your Personal Growth Journey Today with your 30 Day Trial to Personal Growth Club Video Training course for just $1.
Start your trial now at: http://PersonalGrowthClub.com/My-Secrets
For our listeners who found us on Power of Your Mind Podcast, go to Hyptalk.com and sign up for your Free Self-Hypnosis Video Training Course. Also First Time Customers get 35% off Your First Order of Hypnosis Downloads when you use the code “PODCAST” in your shopping cart at: Hyptalk.com
Learn more about Victoria Gallagher and her new book Practical Law of Attraction at:VictoriaMGallagher.com
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please leave us a review!